Tuesday 30 September 2014

Pin board - before & after

I had an old pin board/ notice board which was coming apart and didn't match my craft room, so I decided to alter it. It had very pretty material on it which I have kept for future projects

Pretty but I could see the potential! It's about 3ft x 2ft in size.

So I took it to pieces and used some hessian I have been itching to use for a while, got out my staple gun and some good old seam binder ribbon and after a flurry of activity came up with this.

But it's not meant to be bare, so I tried a few things out to make sure my little wooden pegs were strong enough...


And then I decided colour was the order of the day, so out came some of my more vibrant art work and voila - good old pin board works a treat!


The hessian background really makes the colours pop - and I couldn't leave my lil' gal out of the picture could I! It's perfect in my craft room and I get to show off some of my projects that are otherwise stuck in an art journal.
PS hope you like my art  :)  and here it is in the "Before" state!






No comments:

Post a Comment